The Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) is an equal opportunity employer. The IFO prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disabilities.
The Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) seeks a Coordinator of Organizing who will be responsible for the oversight and management of IFO organizing efforts and membership outreach.
Position Title: Organizer - Coordinator for Membership, Education, & Engagement
Salary and Benefits: $50,000-$65,000 annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The IFO is proud to offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation time, paid sick and parental leave, good health/dental coverage and generous retirement benefits.
Status: This position is represented by a staff union and is a full-time, 12-month position. Some evenings and weekends required.
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2019
Application Materials: Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Donna Blake, Controller, at email@example.com. Applicant screening will begin Monday, May 20. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
General Assignment: Primary responsibilities include coordinating and managing the IFO’s statewide organizing efforts. The coordinator will also be responsible for assisting the local campuses in developing, implementing, monitoring, and assessing effective organizing strategies. This position will require significant intrastate travel.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
1) Ability to travel to university campuses
2) Valid driver’s license
3) Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
4) Strong verbal and written communications skills
5) Comfort with public speaking and leading training sessions
6) Demonstrated work in equity and inclusion efforts
7) Demonstrated success in organizing campaigns
1) Bachelor’s Degree
2) Union organizing experience
3) Experience in a higher education environment
4) Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access