IFO James Eric Chalgren Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Advancement of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) Issues
The IFO LGBTQ+ Issue Committee is excited to announce the call for nominations for the 2018 James Eric Chalgren Award. The James Eric Chalgren Award recognizes an IFO member who has improved the professional lives of LGBTQ faculty through leadership, and activism at the campus and statewide level. Below is information for submitting nominations and the criteria determined to select the recipient.
The IFO LGBTQ+ Issues Committee elected to name the Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Advancement of LGBTQ issues to honor the memory and service of James Eric Chalgren (1951-2000), who as a graduate student in the Counseling and Student Personnel Program founded the LGBT Center at Minnesota State University, Mankato in 1977, one of the first university centers in the nation to serve LGBTQ students, staff, and faculty.
The IFO LGBTQ+ Issues Committee adopted the following selection criteria for the 2018 James Eric Chalgren Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Advancement of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Issues:
An IFO member who (must meet one or more of the following criteria):
- Has improved the professional lives of LGBTQ+ faculty on the local and/or state level through serving in leadership capacities as a scholar or change agent to create equity and opportunities for LGBTQ+ faculty and staff of the MN State system;
- Has improved the system to more equitably recognize, hire, retain, tenure and promote LGBTQ+ faculty;
- Has worked to improve the working conditions for LGBTQ+ employees;
- Has advocated within the MN State system and beyond on issues with substantial impact on LGBTQ+ employees;
- Has significant service to the IFO on the local and/or state level, serving in leadership capacities and in advocacy within the IFO on issues with a substantial impact on LGBTQ+ faculty.
Deadline: Nominations must be received by January 26, 2018.
Nominations may be submitted using the form below, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by mail, addressed to:
Chalgren Award Nominations c/o Inter Faculty Organization, 490 Concordia Avenue, Suite 125, Saint Paul, MN 55103.
Self-nominations are welcome. The recipient will be recognized on March 23 at the Delegate Assembly banquet.
Chalgren Award Nomination Form