2017-2019 IFO/MinnState Tentative Contract Settlement
IFO members voted overwhelmingly to approve the 2017-2019 IFO/MinnState contract settlement with more than 98% of the votes cast in favor of the settlement terms. We're thankful and energized by the large number of faculty who participated in this important process. The settlement provides all faculty a pay increase in both years, earlier career steps, an increase in the maximum workload for faculty with contingent appointments, and funding for professional development opportunities for all faculty. Read more about the ratification vote here.
For detailed information about the economic, language changes, and ratification timeline please click below:
Contract Settlement Overview
All faculty will receive a pay increase in both FY18 and FY19
- 1.6 % increase in FY18
- (adjunct and community faculty minimum of $1426/per credit increases to $1449)
- 2.4% increase in FY19
- (adjunct and community faculty minimum of $1449/per credit increases to $1484)
Earlier Career Steps
Career Steps will be accelerated FY19 for faculty with 17 years of service instead of 20 years, and after 25 years of service instead of after 30 years.
Professional development increases
- $120,000 increase for 19A Professional Improvement Funds (PIF);
- $70 increase per FTE for 19B Professional Study and Travel Funds (PST). The increase brings the total per faculty from $1380 to $1450;
- $59,500 to create a professional development fund for faculty with adjunct appointments at six State universities (not including Metro State);
- $20,000 increase in the Metro State Community Faculty professional development fund.
Increase Adjunct and Community Faculty Workload Limits
Workload limits for all faculty with contingent appointments will increase from 10 credits per academic year to 12 credits which will provide eligibility for state health insurance benefits
Also included in the settlement are the health and dental benefit improvements that were previously agreed to through the Joint Labor Management Committee on Health Insurance. Please click here for more information on the health and dental enhancements. These changes will go into effect only if the legislature approves them during the 2018 legislative session.
Health and Dental Plan Improvements
Improvements in terms of initial appointments and salary supplement for Coaches
Coach appointments and salary supplement