The Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) seeks an Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for general administrative support to the IFO President, staff and the organization. The IFO is a union that takes professional responsibility for excellent, accessible, and inclusive public higher education in Minnesota. The IFO represents the interests, welfare, and aspirations of all faculty of the seven state universities of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system through collective bargaining, contract enforcement, and advocacy. More information can be found at www.ifo.org.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Wages and Benefits: $18-$22 per hour. Wages commensurate with qualifications and experience. The IFO is proud to offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation time, paid sick and parental leave, good health/dental coverage and generous retirement benefits.
Status: This position is represented by a staff union, and is full-time, 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required.
Supervisor: IFO President
Anticipated Start Date: May 28
Application Materials: Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Donna Blake, Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant screening will begin Monday, April 22. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
General Assignment: To perform general administrative support to the IFO President, staff and the organization. Expectations include receptionist, taking minutes, event and meeting arrangements, and general office duties.
1. Provide administrative assistance to the IFO, including, but not limited to, tasks such as those listed below:
a. handle arrangements, hotel accommodations, and related matters for IFO meetings and events including planning, set up and clean up;
b. provide telephone and office reception support;
c. distribute mail, process special mailings, maintain postage meter;
d. pick up and deliver packages and other errands as necessary including food items for meetings;
e. maintain inventory of stationery, forms, brochures, food and beverages and other office supplies;
f. provide telephone system support and work with technical support to resolve technology problems;
g. maintain IFO files including electronic files;
h. maintain the Master Calendar of IFO and MinnState meetings; maintain and update rosters for IFO committees including email distribution lists and webpages; and
i. in coordination with Controller, provide estimates and cost comparisons for special purchases.
2. Record minutes at IFO Board meetings, Executive Committee and Statewide Meet and Confer; follow up on and review all minutes to keep an accurate record of events and to assist with the creation of future agendas.
3. Support IFO President.
4. Support Director of Public Affairs.
5. Support Benefits and Equity Representative.
6. Support the Organizer/Membership Coordinator position, including responsibility for data entry and dues collection.
7. In coordination with Legal Team, support committees and caucuses.
8. Provide back up support as necessary to Labor and Equity Legal Assistant.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
1) High School Diploma.
2) Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
3) Proficient with general computer use including Microsoft Office.
4) Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
5) Commitment to equity and inclusion efforts and the ability to work with diverse populations.
6) Willingness to learn and work within a team setting.
7) Proficient typing skills for meeting minutes and notes.
1) Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
2) Bachelor’s degree.
3) Event planning experience.
The Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) is an equal opportunity employer. The IFO prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disabilities.